Hi, Jon here from Mindset Universe and in this post I’m going to help you answer the question How do I Reduce Anxiety Naturally? There’s also a full video on this topic which you can find HERE.
By the way, before I continue, have you ever used an Anxiety Journal?
They’re great for finding out what’s causing your anxiety and the doing something about it!
And…I’ve got a FREE one for you:
So how can you reduce anxiety naturally?
Well, here’s 2 techniques which I still use today which I know can help you as well.
Technique 1: Choose a ‘Focus Word’
This can be words like Peace, Om, Love or maybe something a bit more religious like Hail Mary.
Just choose a word or phrase that means something to you and use it in the following steps.
- Sit quietly and make sure you are comfortable.
- With your eyes closed start to concentrate on relaxing all your muscles.
- Breathe slowly. As you breathe in and out, say your focus word.
- If you get other thoughts enter your mind, don’t worry about them! Just let them pass through…
- Do all this once or twice daily.
- Try and do it for 10 minutes initially. Then, increase to 20 minutes when you feel comfortable doing so.
- Important. Don’t end the session abruptly!
- Take a few minutes to let other thoughts return.
- Open your eyes and continue to sit quietly for a minute.
- Enjoy the sensation of feeling more relaxed.
Technique 2: Easy sitting meditation
This is super easy to do, just:
- Sit down with your legs uncrossed, your feet firmly on the ground and your hands rested on your thighs.
- Again, close your eyes and relax all your muscles.
- Take slow, deep and even breaths, in and out!
- Whilst breathing, concentrate on the rise and fall of your breathing.
A great way to think of this breathing is imagining that your breathing is like the action of the ocean on a beach.
When you breathe in, it is like the ocean rolling up onto the beach shore.
When you breathe out, you see the ocean rolling back out again!
- Again, passively disregard any other thoughts that come your way. Just let them pass through your mind but don’t dwell on them.
So how do you feel?
Do any of these 2 techniques help?
Be sure to let everyone know how you feel in the comments.
Thanks for reading and try not to worry when you don’t have to.